Saturday, May 25, 2013

Freeing Dignity: Chapter 6, The Grand Finale

This is considered as the last chapter of this story. I've abandoned this project and began a new one. That one is still ongoing, thus ends this one. So, enjoy the final installment of this story. After a year in development, it has finally been released. This is a long one, by the way....

The next morning, I had awaken to the sound of an alarm, I was wondering why there was an alarm; it sounded like the alarm used whenever someone wanted to escape. There were officers running all around with rifles and what not. All of the usual weaponry. I sit up in my bunk and ask Dignity what was going on. He doesn't reply. "Dignity! Answer me!" still no response. A guard runs by and yells "He's the one escaping you idiot!" that infuriated me more than before. "Hey, shut up!" but he had not heard what I said. I go up the my cell door and grab onto the bars. I listen closely in case I can hear gunshots, but nothing has surfaced just yet. But all of a sudden, I hear a burst of them, a lot of them. Mostly coming out of a shotgun. Could they have captured him or even murdered him? I had to find out. I heard a scream and multiple screams from guards. That doesn't sound like Dignity. At all... Must have he shot another guard? If so, he's in larger trouble than he already was in. I hear large thumps on the ground as if someone was running. It's Dignity! What's he doing with a rifle in his hand? He looks into my cell and smiles. Could this mean he's successful? The guards chase after him and start shooting. They see me up and tell me to lay down, I don't. One stops and walks back. He then proceeded to shoot me! Why would he do this? I'm in huge pain right now, I was shot near my chest. I didn't do anything wrong. That shot was the last straw. I had to get out of here. I heard a large thump on the ground. Could they have hit him? Seems as though they have. I hear moaning and a lot of noises from the ground. They are dragging him back into his cell. They can't do that! "Oh, they can" a voice had said. It was Dignity. "They have every right too. I killed a few of their stupid guards. Serves them right." Dignity had surprised me with that statement a few. A guard is walking past my cell, I run up to my door. I can see he stopped at Dignity's door. He pulls out a gun. I don't know how Dignity is reacting, but it doesn't sound like he's reacting at all. The guard points it at Dignity. "It appears as though you've killed a few of our guys, this means you will die." said the guard. "I don't care! All I know is that my friend Jono over here helped me plan my escape. I'm in shock, why would he put this on me? "Jono wouldn't do such a thing.." said the guard. He shoots Dignity several times. No screams or anything from him. Could this mean that he had died? The guard points his rifle at me... "Jono... You didn't help him plan this.. I know. But, you are his friend now. You collaborated with him all night." said the guard in a chilling voice. "No I didn't!" I replied loudly. He then put his fingers over the trigger and.........

This story was total fiction. All was out of my mind and creativity. This wasn't how it was originally planned to end, but with me not caring anymore or even wanting to end it, I decided to make that the ending. I hope you've enjoyed the story, and have had a nice read!

-LB

No comments:

Post a Comment